Genius Hour Project

In my Technology class we have been taking time in class to work on a project of our choice. People did things like rocket ships, origami and graffiti. I personally did water pollution, a subject I am very interested in, due to the fact that I spend a lot of time in water swimming and surfing. I learned a lot about The Giant Pacific Garbage Patch. I thought that it was an island of trash, it was really a space were Micro Plastics are brought together with tides. These Micro Plastics are very small and extremely easy for animals to eat. Not only does our pollution affect animals in and around water, the pollution affects us as well. A fish might eat a piece of plastic by accident and another piece by accident and before you know it, this same fish is on our plats soon to be eaten by us.

What I learned is important because I will teach people what I learned and teach them the importance of not polluting our oceans. Here is the video I made.

My next genius hour will be making a viral video. This will impact people because many people see these videos and therefore you can spread a message.

10 thoughts on “Genius Hour Project

1. Great post Nicholas! I love how your writing sounds in my head when I’m reading it! Keep up the great work. What other places are there high levels of pollution? If you like you can check out my newest post. To find it just click this link. I’ll definitely be following your blog.

mcdowellmedia.eorg/2016/11/01/johnny-in-the-morning/dublogs.

2. Your Genius Hour project was really creative Nicholas. I bet your next one will be even better! Keep up with the good work 🙂

3. Hi Nicholas,

I really loved your post and your creativity.

I am also quite interested in pollution and how to solve it and I think you did a wonderful job explaining it as well as explaining The Giant Pacific Garbage Patch and your misconception about it.

I found your post really interesting and I was almost sad when the video ended because I was enjoying it do much!

Great Job!

Olivia (Australia)

Here is the link to my blog, please come and visit and leave a comment!
    http://oliviat6wildy.edublogs.org